1) Check in time is 3 PM. Check out time is 11 AM.
2) Free Wi-Fi name is "taocabin", password is "taocabin".
3) How to check in? Tao cabins’ reservation manager will contact you 48 hours prior to your arrival date; we will give you an access code for the cabin. You may call 1-855-766-9826 to reach reservation manager. If reservation manager is not available, please leave a voice message, we will call back within 24 hours. When you talk to reservation manager over the phone, before giving you the access code, reservation manager will verify your ID and put $300 refundable deposit on hold against your credit card. Please get your reservation confirmation email and CREDIT CARD ready before you speak to reservation manager.
4) How to check out? Please call the toll free number prior to your departure, if no one answer phone, you may leave a voice message and depart when you are ready. The housekeeping manager will come to inspect the cabin once we get your check-out call. Excessive trash, furniture and property damage will be charged against your credit card on file. If no damage is discovered, the $300 security deposit will be refunded within 2 business days.
5) How to get there? Tao cabins addresses will be email you after you make a reservation. Important driving direction for guests in cabin #1, #3, #5 and #8: Please access Cabin #1, #3, #5 and #8 from a road called “ DEEP CREEK DR ”. Google maps and MapQuest like to use” UPPER BOULDER RD”(this road is a quarter mile after Deep Creek Dr. if you are going toward Big Bear Lake). This road is unpaved and very steep. It is unsafe in the winter. Please be aware there is another “ Deer Lane” in Big Bear Lake city. If you use GPS, make sure the city name you entered is “ RUNNING SPRINGS”.
6) What to bring? Bring DVDs, every cabin has a TV with a built-in DVD player, but NO cable. Bring a laptop to watch TV or movies online. Tao cabins provide towels, pillow covers, bed covers, fitted and flat sheets, comforters and pillows. Kitchen has an oven, stove, toaster, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, pots, pans, plates, silverware, a set of knives and a chopping board. Tao cabins don’t provide firewood, shampoo, soap, lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste. You may bring waterproof jacket, a flashlight, chains (in winter only), firewood and plenty of water with you in the car; there is no cell phone reception on part of 330 road. Elevation at Tao Cabin is 7,000 feet. Drink lots of water and eat light at the first day to avoid headache and indigestion. During your stay, check the weather and road conditions for next day, if a storm is coming, get your chains installed before going to bed. You may check the road condition at http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi
7) Non-smoking policy: Smoke detector is very sensitive; please do not smoke inside the Cabin. $500 charges if smoking evidences are discovered by housekeepers. For your safety, when you use the fireplaces, please follow the fireplace instructions. We don’t provide firewood. You may bring your own firewood for all cabins except cabin #2. Cabin #2 has a gas fireplace, no firewood is allowed in cabin #2.
8) Tao Cabins damage charges. In the event of guests damaging the following items, we will charge against guest’s credit card accordingly: Windows $ 300 each, fireplace $300, stove $500, sofa $100, TV $50, refrigerator $300, microwave $100, dinning table $100, desk chair $50 each, mattress $100 each, carpet deep clean $80, smoke removal $500.
9) Tao cabins neighborhood rules.
No wild parties in or near any of Tao cabins.
Turn down the music after 10 pm.
Do not throw snowballs to neighbors’ house.
Do not burn firewood outside of Tao cabins.
Do not allow dogs on neighbors’ properties.
Do not let children play on neighbors’ properties.
Do not park on neighbors’ properties.
Do not park on side the street; Vehicles interfering with snowplows will be towed away.
If neighbors compliant and call police, guests may be asked to leave and lost security deposit.